A sick Billie Eilish arrives to pōwhiri, with her own hit sung in te reo - stuff.co.nz

UPDATE:

stuff.co.nz updated article adding quotes about Billie not feeling 100%:

A sick Billie Eilish arrives to pōwhiri, with her own hit sung in te reo

Excerpt:

Eilish, posting to Instagram, said she travelled 26 hours for the one-off New Zealand show. Although she said she was "unbelievably excited" for the Auckland show, the 17-year-old warned her fans she wasn't feeling 100 per cent.

"I am so sick and my voice is half gone," she said.

"My injuries are so painful, but I am really so excited to see you all."

The young pop star had performed in New Zealand before, but pulled out of her last gig when she was due to play at Laneway in January.

Billie Eilish arrives to pōwhiri, with her own hit sung in te reo - stuff.co.nz

Excerpt:

Billie Eilish is back in Auckland, after being welcomed with a pōwhiri that included a te reo rendition of her hit song Party's Over.
Eilish will perform one show in New Zealand, at Spark Arena in Auckland on Wednesday night.

She was welcomed to the country by the Hātea Kapa Haka group, who appeared to move the American pop star close to tears by singing Party's Over in te reo.

The group welcomed her at Auckland Airport.

full

Also:

Billie Eilish in tears as haka, Te Reo cover of 'When The Party's Over' welcomes her to NZ - Newshub

Excerpt:

Pop star Billie Eilish appeared floored by the emotional welcome she received in New Zealand, which included a spine-tingling haka and te reo Māori cover of one of her songs.

Hātea Kapa Haka greeted the 'Bad Guy' hitmaker at Auckland Airport ahead of her Wednesday night concert with a stirring Pōwhiri which left her blinking back tears.

Eilish gasped in astonishment as the group sang a waiata of her song 'When The Party's Over', before she shared a hongi with the performers.

Welcome back to NZ Billie Eilish! - umusic NZ

What better way to welcome Billie back to NZ, then with a Pōwhiri + Waiata of ‘when the party’s over’ by Hātea Kapa Haka group.

The Hātea Kapa Haka group surprised Billie at the arrivals area at Auckland International Airport, welcoming her back and singing a rendition of ‘when the party’s over’ in Te Reo Māori.

Billie’s reaction….priceless!

Last edited: