Lewis Capaldi covered "when the party's over" at the Spotify studios - @billiesource / Twitter

full

How Phoebe Bridgers Inspired Lewis Capaldi to Cover Billie Eilish - Rolling Stone
“If you want to be excited by music, listen to Billie Eilish,” the Scottish singer-songwriter says on Spotify’s Under Cover podcast

Excerpt:

Lewis Capaldi is no casual Billie Eilish fan. The Scottish singer-songwriter likened her sound to “being punched in the face in the best fucking way possible … Like being assaulted by a big marshmallow man!”

Capaldi first heard “When the Party’s Over” when it was released on Spotify last fall (or, of course, during the dramatic Riverdale Season Three finale). “The harmonies in it and all the fucking layered vocals and stuff just blew me away,” Capaldi says. “I just think it’s fucking incredible.” He recalls how stunned he was when he found out she was only a teenager. “The thing is, I’m not old,” Capaldi says. “I’m very young. But it’s just annoying to see people even younger with just exceeding amounts of talent. It’s fucking mental.”

Last edited: