Melanie C on Billie Eilish's Impact - Billboard

Melanie C on Pride Shows, Billie Eilish's Impact and the Spice Girls Reunion: 'We Don't Want It to End' - Billboard

Excerpt:

In Billboard’s recent Billie Eilish cover story, she talked about how meaningful it was to meet you and hear your advice about navigating the industry as a young woman. What young artists are you excited about today that you feel carry on the spirit and the attitude of the Spice Girls?

It has been a really interesting time in music for women. Post-Spice Girls, women seemed to take over. The biggest artists in the world were Beyoncé, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Adele. And what was so amazing about that is how a lot of the young artists today talk about the Spice Girls and how they were influenced by us. So that's something we feel very proud of.

I'm a huge fan of Billie. I think she's incredible. I was lucky enough to see her perform here at Shepherd's Bush Empire, which is a relatively small venue for someone with such a following. Her music is just off the scales. Her voice is beautiful. I love that she doesn't give a fuck. It was sold out, absolutely packed. There were so many girls in there -- it was predominantly a female audience -- and they sang every word, sang every ad-lib. You could barely hear Billie, because they were just doing the whole show. And it was so exciting to see a room full of girls going crazy for another girl. Historically, we always think of boy bands and male artists as having all these teenage girls going crazy for them. And I think to see that for another woman was really exciting. She's definitely tapping into something that young women are feeling.

full