Billie in "33 Musicians On Why They’re Voting in the 2020 Election" - Pitchfork

Billie Eilish

To tell the truth, I really don’t like politics and I wish I didn’t have to urge people to register and vote. I’d rather just focus on making art. But as artists with a platform, we have a special responsibility to lead by example and do whatever we can to make a difference.

There is so much at stake right now. After four years of Donald Trump, things are so much worse and actually really scary. In California the fires are worse than ever before. Climate change is as real as those fires, but the Republican Party denies it, and Trump blocks the science while he backs the fossil fuel industry. Racism is real, but Trump backs the racists. COVID is real and hundreds of thousands of Americans have died, but Trump and the Trump Republicans refuse to do something as simple as wear a mask. They block every move toward gun control, and my generation bears the burden. And as a young woman, I know my fundamental rights are now at risk because of Trump’s picks for the courts and because of Republicans in the Senate.

Whether or not you like politics, if you care about social justice and equal rights, and if you want people in office who will fight to address the climate crisis before we run out of time, you have to vote!

Reactions: XMichiX
That’s right listen to a worldly 18yr old. Very smart. When your freedoms are all taken away one by one remember who gave you such great advise. Does anyone realise what was accomplished in the last 4 years? Though far from perfect jobs returned to the USA. I guess everyone who listens to this song bird has no problem with the majority of all pharmaceuticals being made in China. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Sheltered Billie needs to step out of her insulated home schooled bubble. Love the music though.

well well well

looks like a certain trumptard be mad of an 18 year old's impact

well well well

looks like a certain trumptard be mad of an 18 year old's impact
When you reflect on this 4 years from now you will be mad to. Except you can only be mad at yourself. Big difference is republicans won’t be burning down their country hmmm. Hope you enjoy having a senile president.

Billie Eilish

To tell the truth, I really don’t like politics and I wish I didn’t have to urge people to register and vote. I’d rather just focus on making art. But as artists with a platform, we have a special responsibility to lead by example and do whatever we can to make a difference.

There is so much at stake right now. After four years of Donald Trump, things are so much worse and actually really scary. In California the fires are worse than ever before. Climate change is as real as those fires, but the Republican Party denies it, and Trump blocks the science while he backs the fossil fuel industry. Racism is real, but Trump backs the racists. COVID is real and hundreds of thousands of Americans have died, but Trump and the Trump Republicans refuse to do something as simple as wear a mask. They block every move toward gun control, and my generation bears the burden. And as a young woman, I know my fundamental rights are now at risk because of Trump’s picks for the courts and because of Republicans in the Senate.

Whether or not you like politics, if you care about social justice and equal rights, and if you want people in office who will fight to address the climate crisis before we run out of time, you have to vote!

Billie do you even know what a managed forest is? Your city has one of the highest homeless in the country. Stop blaming others and maybe you should hold Harris accountable. Get a real education first. I don’t think your parents degree was a teaching degree. Hope you don’t rely on them for surgery as well.

Fake Fan, i think you've had too much copium tonight. Listen to some of Billie's music to alleviate your depression instead.