Khalid mentions Billie in Billboard, Forbes interviews

Khalid Talks Success Of 'Free Spirit,' Friendship With Billie Eilish & Potential BTS Collaboration: Watch - Billboard

Excerpt:

He next discusses his friend and collaborator Billie Eilish, who also saw her debut album debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. “We gotta give it up for Billie Eilish because she is killing it and she’s handling herself so well,” says Khalid.

“I’m just so proud of her because I know how hard her and Finneas, her mom and her dad, how hard they work and so it’s really good to see everything pay off in her favor,” he continues. “She’s a rockstar and I can’t wait to see her here next year sweeping every single thing, sweeping it all.”

Q&A: Khalid On Cars, Coachella, Hanging With 'The Rock," Billie Eilish And More - Forbes

Excerpt:

Baltin: Are there artists you've watched grow and you admire their evolution?

Khalid: I saw one of Billie Eilish's first performances a couple of years back and it was at this venue where you had to be a certain age, either 18 up or 21 up and she was like 15 or 16 at the time, it was super interesting to see all these people who were adults, some of them well into their adulthood, and they're watching this 15-year-old girl. You could see the star power, but you could see how shy she was, how new everything was. And then I saw her at Coachella, I went both weekends. I saw the energy both crowds had, I saw the energy she brought to both crowds, I saw how she controlled the crowd by completely being the true inspiration of herself in the moment. I could see the youth, it was almost radiating off her, just her jumps, how care free she was. She looked free and I can't wait to see her on tour because she's definitely one of my favorite shows that I've been to.