Billie Eilish: At 17, my body is broken - Metro

Billie Eilish: At 17, my body is broken - Metro
by Andrei Harmsworth

Excerpt:

BILLIE EILISH might be breaking records as the youngest ever chart-topper — but the teenage music sensation says that behind the scenes ‘my body is broken’.

The pop-goth rocker, 17, says, despite her energetic stage displays, she’s more like an OAP thanks to years of brutal dance training.

‘I do not know why. I am f***ing 17 and my body is broken,’ said the Bad Guy singer, who is set to grace British fans with her presence at Glastonbury.

The US singer said performing has left her with a torn hip flexor muscle, sore neck, leg, ankles and feet, plus shin splints. As a result, she has endured years of physio sessions.

‘I gave up a lot of healthy working limbs,’ she said. ‘My whole life I have been prone to injuries. It is so bad, even since I was little.’

Billie, who also suffers with Tourette’s syndrome, says her team constantly try to get her to chill out on stage — but she always replies: ‘F*** no… I’d rather die.’

‘That is why it is so bad,’ she added.

‘On my last tour, there was a moment in Manchester where I was in so much pain that it was the first time I ever thought I would have to cancel a show.

‘My team have said that I could go out [on stage], lay on the floor and the audience would be perfectly fine with it, because those kids are amazing and there to have fun, not be mad at me.’

For now, Billie says she’ll push through the pain barrier, so she doesn’t ‘look stupid’.

Quotes appear to be taken from:

Billie Eilish Talks Coachella, Touring & Injuries - Zach Sang Show / YouTube

Last edited: