'She-Ra' Star Aimee Carrero Talks Billie Eilish - Entertainment Tonight

'She-Ra' Star Aimee Carrero Talks Adora's Journey, Feminism and Billie Eilish (Exclusive) - Entertainment Tonight

Excerpt:

Adora is essentially your friend who listens to “Bad Guy” on repeat. “I think that's really her vibe,” the Dominican-American actress muses. “Like, she doesn't work out to Billie Eilish, but when she's in her room and wants to think about all the problems in her life, like, ‘Where am I coming from? How do I fix this relationship with Catra?' She's definitely listening to Billie Eilish, for sure.”

“Bury a Friend” could probably soundtrack season three -- but we promise that isn’t a spoiler. Only six episodes long, this is a true character arc for Adora. She goes from feeling like she has a vague handle on her new world to falling into a mind trip of a tailspin after learning that she came through a portal as a baby. Essentially adopted by the Horde, she has no idea who her original family was or where they came from, setting her off on a Mara-focused hero’s quest for her origin story, which Carrero describes as a “minefield for her.” Even though this is all set in a fantasy world, Adora is very much going through the agonizing learning curve that comes with being a teenager.

“Who doesn't understand what it's like to have that existential dread, to not really understand where you came from?” the 31-year-old actress muses. “Just because you know exactly who your parents are and your family, you still don't really understand them until you get older. So, I definitely identify with the frustration of getting older and the responsibility and not having all of the answers.”

gettyimages-1163101481.jpg