Thom Yorke says he’s a fan of Billie Eilish: “Nobody’s telling her what to do” - NME

Thom Yorke says he’s a fan of Billie Eilish: “Nobody’s telling her what to do” - NME
The Radiohead frontman enjoyed her show, despite an awkward encounter with Sam Smith

Excerpt:

Thom Yorke has praised the individuality of teen pop sensation Billie Eilish, revealing he recently took his daughter to see her live.

Describing the gig as a “fine moment”, the Radiohead frontman said that singer Sam Smith – or rather “that guy who did the Bond song we didn’t do” was stood behind him during the Billie show.

“That was a fine moment,” he told The Times of the gig. “We sat down and whats-his-name, the guy who did the Bond film we didn’t do? He stands behind us and I’m sitting with my daughter, her friends, and my girlfriend, when suddenly everyone goes ‘Saaaam!’ I’m, like, ‘Aaaaargh!'”

He continued: “I like Billie Eilish. She’s doing her own thing. Nobody’s telling her what to do.”

Also:

Sam Smith and Thom Yorke Spotted Rocking Out at Billie Eilish Gig: Watch - Billboard

Last edited: