Billie Eilish marvels at her rise to the top: ‘It’s kind of perfect ... it’s crazy’ - The Star

Billie Eilish marvels at her rise to the top: ‘It’s kind of perfect ... it’s crazy’ - The Star
By Ben Rayner

Excerpt:

...Reached amidst a game of Frisbee before an outdoor gig in Seattle last weekend, she concedes she’s entirely pleased with her situation at the moment.

“You know what? I am, dude,” says Eilish, née Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell. “It’s f---ing crazy right now. Like, everything around me is just a little bit perfect, y’know? It’s kind of perfect. I’ve never really used that word to describe anything about my career and I have been lately, which is a huge, huge blessing to me. So, yeah. I’m pretty happy.

“It’s really, really difficult, man. But that sh-- that’s difficult is the only way that you can have the ‘fifth element,’ if that makes sense. You can’t go out in front of 40,000 people singing all your lyrics with the most bright smiles on your faces without, like, doing sh--ty sh-- to get where you wanna be, y’know? It’s a lot of lame steps to get to a good place.”

full